[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]It’s tempting to write your own Sunday school curriculum. Your approach to children’s ministry is one-of-a-kind, budgets are tight, and there is pressure to teach according to your church’s theology or philosophy. You might even feel obligated to write your own Sunday school curriculum.
There isn’t a single curriculum that could possibly be tailored to fit your ministry, right? So you start researching, writing, and pasting together a semi-coherent series of free lessons you’ve rewritten with a twist of your own secret sauce. The problem? You’ve spent hours trying to do something you aren’t trained to do. Your time isn’t cheap, yet you’ve spent a bunch of time trying to create “free” curriculum. You’ve only made it partway through the quarter, so now you’ll be adding the task of curriculum-writing to your already huge to-do list.
Remember, you were hired to minister to children, not sit behind a computer. The risks of writing your own curriculum are real. Unlike a publisher, you don’t have the benefit of feedback from thousands of churches to make sure your lessons are effective.
Here’s the good news! Group has found a way to provide you high-quality Sunday school curriculum and still allow you to tailor-fit the program to your ministry without time-consuming customization. DIG IN allows you to adapt your Sunday school curriculum in countless ways to fit your ministry’s format, goals, theology, time frame, student interests, teacher’s strengths, and MORE. The best part? It’s all done inside a state-of-the-art (and easy!) online tool which instantly publishes formatted lesson plans.
Here are five reasons to not to write your own Sunday school curriculum, and use DIG IN to create lessons tailored for your children’s ministry:
- DIG IN fits any Sunday school format. Popular formats include age-graded classrooms, one-room of several ages, and a large group session followed by small group breakouts. DIG IN allows you to choose your own format, EVEN IF you change formats from one week to the next.
- Your church’s philosophy can easily be incorporated with DIG IN lessons. Each lesson is available in a Word document, which means you have the freedom to change the text or language to better fit your church’s specific perspective without writing a lesson from scratch.
- Choose activities that specifically match the interests of your kids. Every lesson has an in-depth Bible point, but this point can be taught through a variety of activities. Do you have a group of rambunctious boys? A high-energy game might be best for that classroom. Do you have a group of artistic kids who light up when it’s time to create? Elect to teach with a craft in that class. Choose between ELEVEN activity blocks to build your custom lesson for each group.
- Let your teachers customize lessons according to their teaching strengths. This is where DIG IN is especially unique, and saves you a ton of energy from writing something on your own. Volunteers are happy when they are doing something they enjoy. Do some of your volunteers have fun demonstrating object lessons, while another can play the guitar? Of course! Every teacher has a unique set of skills and interests, and with DIG IN, your leaders can choose to teach whichever activity blocks they will enjoy the most.
- Time is of the essence. DIG IN allows you to choose a combination of activity blocks that match the exact amount of time you have available. Is your Sunday school session 35 minutes? 20? 60 minutes? Click, drag, and build lessons to match the time you have available. Watch your time add up as you stack activity blocks. Take the guesswork out of planning a lesson for the exact amount of time you have to teach.
Have I mentioned that DIG IN is priced according to the number of students in your ministry? It’s designed to fit any budget.
The best way for you to see how DIG IN is a great alternative for writing your own Sunday school curriculum is to take it for a test drive. With the free demo, you can practice building your own lessons and seeing how simple it is to adapt to your needs.
We know you are exceptional, but keep in mind that to write your own Sunday school curriculum is a skill that’s honed over time…and each of us are most effective when we are functioning in our areas of natural strength. Click here to read how three of your colleagues came to this conclusion on their own.
Save yourself the burden of creating a meaningful Sunday school experience out of thin air. Use your energy and time to create relationships with your kids and their families, and use a Sunday school curriculum you can tailor to fit your theology, your format, your teachers, and most importantly… your kids![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”33162″ img_size=”full” onclick=”custom_link” link=”http://diginapp.group.com/Demo?utm_source=CM_Blog&utm_campaign=Write_Own_Curriculum&utm_content=Free_Demo_Image_Internal_Link”][/vc_column][/vc_row]